Monday 21 April 2014

Laughing my head off!

Dusty – or as my mum affectionately calls me, Dustbin (I don’t know why) - here.



Apparently I have slept through for three nights on the trot until 5am. My mum is beyond herself with happiness about this for some reason. I thought she enjoyed our twice nightly excursions into the garden.

For the past week I have mostly been jumped on by a big white dog the size of a polar bear (Mum said it looked like a doodle, whatever that is) which scared me so much, I ran and hid between two beach huts and cried and yelped until my mum rescued me. 


The lady with the big white dog thought it was hilarious. My mum didn’t.

Straight after that I met a very nice lady with a very gentle little dog who said hello to me and told me not to worry, not all dogs were going to jump on me.

Now I think every dog I see is going to flatten me so I try to hide, but I have met a lot of lovely dogs – another huge Black Labrador (who I liked), a cocker spaniel (who I loved) and five dogs all at once that were very well behaved and many, many more, but I can’t get that white dog out of my head. I think he might be a ghost.

I help with the washing up. Yummy - the kids had pancakes for breakfast methinks.














I have been for my first walks in the woods, but I’m not allowed off the lead in there yet in case I get lost. 













I’m so fast, even on a lead, you can’t even see me in this one.














And I love doing puzzles, specially when they have food in!



Also this week I have mostly been eating cat poo which makes my mum go all red and jump up and down with glee. At least I think it’s glee making her squeal while I do a victory circuit round the garden laughing my head off.



I have destroyed a whole new box of man-size tissues – whatever that is. I also discovered soft white paper dangling in the bathroom which was fun because when I grabbed it, it chased me all over the house until Mum tore it and stopped it chasing me. Humans eh?






Fizz here. Mum says I am now a year old and no longer the most violent pet in the house. I am getting really mellow. I play with the dog-toy she brought home for me and I never use my claws. My favourite spot in the garden is in the trampoline where I can relax in the sun while the dog-toy runs round the garden laughing his head off and Mum cheers him on. At least I think she’s cheering him on. I knock things on the floor for him that he can’t reach and Mum goes, “Humph!” and picks them back up again. Like all the stones he keeps finding that she puts in a bag for the tip – I’m always giving them back to him and she’s always, like, “Fii-iizz!” Humans eh?




I’m Harley. I like the trampoline too and climbing up the tree and hanging with all the local cats and jumping over the fence and tuna and catching flies. I don’t play with the dog-toy so much, but I do like to eat his food if I can get to it before he snaffles it all up. I also knock things on the floor for him that he can’t reach. Mum keeps saying to me, “Harley, please use the litter tray,” which is mad because a few months ago I’m sure she said, “Hooray, the cats aren’t using the litter tray any more.” Humans eh?




32 comments:

  1. Oh Dusty, Fizz and Harley what a brilliant start to the day being helpless with laughter. You really have made my day. More please, and often!!

    Yes I know - humans eh? :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to make you smile, Sue :-) As well as making me hop up and down with "glee" and tear my hair out, it's lovely to have all these youngsters around with all their mischief x

      Delete
  2. So cute! Most of the pics of my puppy are of him sleeping, because he lunges at the camera/phone/iPad whenever anyone tries to take one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, Hayley, then you get dog dribble all over the lens! Must admit a lot of mine are taken with the zoom so I'm a safe distance away from little jaws - I mean Dusty :-) x

      Delete
  3. Dear Dusty
    Tim 'n' Ted here. We are big dogs but we won't hurt you if ever we meet (we'd want a good sniff at you though). We hope you realise what a lovely human you've got - leaving big tissues and rolls of paper around just for you to play with. Oh, and keep taking her and her human friends into the woods for walks and they'll soon stop needing you to protect them and let you off the lead for a good run about.
    Hello, Fizz and Harley
    You must feel really special having a lovely boy like Dusty to play with and to teach you the right way to do things. It's good you reward him with pebbles and things to let him know he is your hero.
    We hope you're all having a lovely Easter
    woofs, tail wags and big licks for your humans as well
    Tim 'n' Ted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you'd be kind to me Tim 'n' Ted - my mum's told me what lovely boys you are :-) x

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad your pets have updated us with their antics Teresa, that was highly amusing. Thank you for sharing, I shall watch out for large white dogs that look like polar bears on my walk this afternoon.
    Happy Easter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter, Maria - did you see any polar bears? x

      Delete
  5. You lot sound such a sensible bunch I'm sure you'll soon have your humans properly trained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're working on it, Patsy, but they're set in their ways, poor old things x

      Delete
  6. Just dropping in for a bit of animal magic. Oh Dusty, that ghost dog sounds scary - but maybe it really is just a doodle, after all. Don't let one mishap hold you back. You're doing so well out there in the big, wide world! How kind of your mum to buy the cats a trampoline. Trampolining cats definitely sounds like something that should be on Youtube. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met four dogs today when I was off the lead, Joanne and I laid on my back and waved my legs in the air and they all gave me a good sniff, but no one flattened me and I felt a lot better. The cats do bounce but when my mum gets her camera out, they stop bouncing and start washing themselves and whistling x

      Delete
  7. This was an enjoyable read--great post. Ghost dogs?
    Glad I stopped by and joined as your newest blog follower. :-)
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and joining, Debi - I've been over to visit and join you too x

      Delete
  8. Ahhh...what a lovely household you live in Dusty! Sounds like you have settled in really well and causing no trouble at all. Go you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The joys of bringing up a little one! Do you think we let our animals get away with much more than our children did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I think my children would agree with that! x

      Delete
  10. Dusty, Fizz and Harley, you have all given my day the perfect start. I have a huge smile on my face and I think you're all wonderful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha - sounds like a very normal family to me. Bon and Bob certainly rule our household, why should yours be any different, Teresa! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Made me laugh out loud, this - I think our cats need their own 'dog toy', but need to persuade hubby first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely happy household. Thanks for posting the update and great to see everyone getting on so well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even happier since I woke up to the alarm for the first time in about two years - I shan't mention the 4.50am trip out to the garden! x

      Delete
  14. Oh you beautiful pets. I'm thinking you're making your mum happy. And think of the jumping exercise she's getting. Take no notice of the ghost Dusty, you are beautiful... lots of love till next time.xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such fun to read this. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Humans indeed!? When will they ever learn!?!?

    Awwww Dusty, Fizz and Harley!! You must be very patient with mum! LOL!! But she's slowly coming round to your way of thinking! Yay!

    p.s. Dusty - we don't think it's funny either that this big dog was allowed to jump on you and scare you and that this dog's human found it funny! But we are glad you're making some nicer friends!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a slow learner, Kitty, but I'm getting there with her ;-) x

      Delete