Now I have to think of seven things about me – hm, what to say? What can I say about me that I haven’t already bored you to tears with?
Maybe as the award picture is of something rather delicious looking, I should make it foody.
1. My favourite dinner is a roast with all the trimmings, but no meat and strictly veggie gravy.
2. My favourite dessert is – well how long have you got? Can’t make up my mind between chocolate pud and custard, lemon cheesecake, Tiramisu or fresh fruit salad and then of course there’s trifle and apple cake so let’s just say for no. 2, I love desserts.
3. I only ever made Christmas puddings once. It was back in the day and I put them on to boil and forgot about them. They were in plastic pudding basins. The saucepans boiled dry, the pudding basins melted, saucepans got ruined and from then on Mrs Peek’s fine puds were considered an investment.
4. I used to make my mum huge gateaux for her birthday and smother them in fruit, cream and nuts and put a candle on the top. One year we got her a candle that played happy birthday, but it wouldn’t shut up so we hid it in a drawer and it still wouldn’t stop. It had to go in the bin in the end. You could still hear it gamely playing away as the bin man hurled it into the back of the truck - well no you couldn't really, but the bin man might have heard it. For the purposes of this post, I'll assume he did and then couldn't get the tune out of his head for the rest of the day. In fact it was his birthday and he thought everyone had forgotten and so the singing candle put a smile on his face.
5. I miss my mum’s cooking more than I can say, specially her roast dinners.
6. My grandad used to pickle onions and fill huge sweet-shop jars with them. I used to go to the chippy with my friends and we’d all buy a bag of chips, then I’d dish out Pop’s pickles to everyone. I did not do this many times before I was forbidden to touch the pickled onions. I have never tasted pickled onions as good as Pop’s.
7. I love tutti frutti ice cream and can’t find it anywhere. Sob.
Now to pass it on (you’ll have to do the drum roll) :