Many many thanks to Gary (klahanie) for awarding me not one, but two blog awards. I am beyond chuffed.
I’m sure that everyone who comes here has visited Gary’s blog, but if you haven’t, then please go along. It is a place of good humour, kindness and wee folks with occasional helpings of Indy’s favourite lady, lovely Penny the Jack Russell Dog and Modest Internet Star.
The Fabulous Blog Ribbon requires me to tell you five fabulous things about my life. So here are my chosen ones.
1. When I was nine, my mum had cancer. She was in and out of hospital and I thought she was going to die. The day she came home and said she didn’t have to go back to hospital again was one of the happiest of my life.
2. My honeymoon in Helsingor. We stayed in a cabin in a forest, visited the beautiful Kronborg Castle and walked on quiet, empty beaches. It was wonderfully peaceful and we could see Sweden across the water.
3. Telling my mum on Christmas day that I was expecting her first grandchild – I thought she was going to explode! I always thought she went a bit over the top until my daughter told me she was expecting my first grandchild – then I understood.
4. Coming home from school on the bus and seeing my dog, Cassie, waiting for me on the other side of the road. Until then, I thought only dogs in comics and stories did that sort of thing. I should say he wasn’t allowed to wander the streets on his own, but he was a bit of an escape artist. And here's a picture of my mum, my daughter (Mum's first grandchild) and our family dogs. Cassie is the one in the middle taking a treat. He lived to be seventeen and he was a legend!
5. My most fabulous thing is my family – and that of course includes Indy. I honestly don’t know what I would do without them.
And now it is my pleasure to pass the awards to seven lovely bloggers who in turn, if they so wish, should tell us five fabulous things about their lives and then pass on the awards to seven more. These are my Magnificent Seven.