Friday 26 April 2019

Poor Neglected Blog and a few words about Tennis Balls!

I think Blogging has fallen out of fashion. But I don't want to leave this one to die, so I'm posting some pictures which are far more interesting than anything I have to say! I particularly like the artwork on the bottom of the boat.

LV18



You may remember little Scout. She's not little any more. She's much bigger than her little big sister, Poppy.





Dusty and Tinks.



The biscuit queue (this house is still rug central as I worry All The Time about Dusty slipping over on the hard floors).
 Harley, my little sun-loving panther.


And Dusty.... being Dusty. He got the kids' football out of the box he's standing on.






Oh while I'm here a note about Dusty and tennis balls. Tennis balls badly damaged Dusty's teeth so he was only allowed them under supervision. BUT he can break into a tennis ball in seconds (minutes if it's a good quality one) - and often does. It wasn't just costing a fortune in tennis balls, but it was making him sick, because he'd always end up swallowing bits of ball and green fuzz. Bear in mind he isn't given tennis balls to just play with and only has them on a field for games of fetch. He fetches and brings them back, but now and then he'll lie down for a rest and just rip and tear.

This is the dog who picked up my ball-flinger and snapped it in half with no effort at all. For a dog with several teeth missing and only two blunt fangs, that's pretty good (or bad) going.

I think I have found an indestructible ball - and one he's happy to play with. Last December I splashed out on a couple of Chuckit balls. Not the fuzzy tennis ball, but just rubber balls. The reviews were good and I thought if I can get a ball to last a week, I'll probably break even. Well, friends, he is still playing with the original Chuckit ball - this is every day since last December so he's had four months worth of ball out of one ball. I've more than broken even - I've saved a fortune and he isn't continually throwing up bits of tennis ball.

Here's a link to the balls in case anyone is interested.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000F4AVPA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had to change comments on this blog because I had to come on here every few days to delete all the spam from the "awaiting moderation" section so I have stopped allowing anonymous comments at all.

Hope everyone is enjoying the spring weather while it lasts!


8 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you again, Teresa, with all those lovely photos and animal updates! I think you're right about blogging - I keep forgetting to update mine but, like you, I don't want to lose it all together yet. Hope you get some more good weather as I know how much you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Rosemary - I didn't think anyone would read this! I'm just paranoid that if I leave it too long, some bot will come and take it over - I've seen it happen to other blogs I follow! I am really enjoying the longer days and sunshine, hope you are too xx

      Delete
  2. The bottom of that boat is fabulous, Teresa.

    Lovely to see the canine and feline contingent are all doing well. I'm sure tennis balls used to be better quality than those around now, but glad you've found a sturdier ball for Dusty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by, Carol. It was a nice surprise to find yours and Rosemary's comments. The picture on the boat is a mosaic - not sure if you can see that in the photo and the words say something like "You are just a drop in the ocean but the ocean is made up of millions of drops" - something like that. I didn't even realise it was a boat until I'd been looking at it for a while xx

      Delete
  3. Good to see you back, Teresa. My blog is also badly neglected. I think it's finding the time and something relevant to say that's the problem. I might follow your example and just put up some photos. I don't have any pets though. Just a garage full of bicycles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Keith. I just get paranoid about the blog being taken over and someone else being in control. I don't know why they call me a control freak! But I have a lot of memories stored here. I bet your bicycles don't give you any bother :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teresa, I have been popping over now and then but missed this post! Like you, I think blogging is not what it was. Good to keep it up though if we can. Instagram and Twitter seem to have taken over of late. Love the photos and the tennis ball story - Floss will tear them up if she feels like it though will also walk round and round with it in her mouth, just out of my reach (That's a retriever for you). Charlie gives the ball back (never chew it) indoors, but outside, gets confused and races around with it in his mouth waiting for the next one to be thrown. Have just ordered two of the balls you mentioned - thank you! 4 months is amazing - is it 5 now? Hope you keep the blog going for a while, I am trying with mine...after 9 years it seems a shame to give up! :-) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not on Instagram - but I am on Twitter as you know :-) We started using the new ball just before Christmas and it has split a little, but is still going strong. We must have saved a fortune in tennis balls and yes, it's 5 months now! I hope Floss and Charlie like them as much as Dusty, although yesterday he ran after his Chuckit ball and came back with a tennis ball, so we had to hunt around for it :-) xx

      Delete