Saturday 16 December 2017

Wrapping Up For 2017




Tinks helped me wrap the Christmas presents (well I say help, I mean she took up the sunny spot on the table so I worked round her until she decided the bag with all my wrapping paper in looked very comfy and sent rolls of wrapping paper flying across the floor, then she went off in a huff because obviously I tricked her into thinking the wrapping paper bag was some sort of soft squishy bed).

Tinks


Talking of cats in huffs, Harley wasn’t speaking to me when I took this photo.

Harley


I keep treats in the cupboard behind me and she taps me on the shoulder until I give her some. If I don’t move fast enough, she starts shredding magazines, pulling tissues out of the box and throwing things on the floor. When that didn’t work the other day, she said, “It would be a shame if this little china unicorn that you treasure so much were to get broken.” Then she gave it a smack and it flew off the shelf and landed with a sickening crack on my mum’s old Toby jug. Luckily the sickening crack was just a noise and nothing was broken. “Now will you give me a treat?” she said.

I said I certainly would not because her bottom is starting to look big in that fur coat. That’s why she came and sat on my mouse mat with her back to me. What do you think? Of course I caved and gave her some. She might be a little gangster, but she’s my lovely little gangster. 

As I was typing this, she started with the shoulder tapping. The photos aren't great, but I managed to catch her in the act!

Ahem - Excuse me

I'm here!
For heaven's sake woman, tap tap, give me a treat!


She likes to keep my printer warm too.

Every Printer Should Have One


If Dusty wants a treat from the cupboard, he tries to dig his way into it (I think Harley tells him to do that). Hm, I think keeping treats in there was a big mistake. Every time I open the door to get out the sellotape or a new printer ink or an envelope, Harley pops out of her little house-bed and Dusty pings out from under my desk.

Dusty



This is me wrapping up for this year and wishing you a very Happy Christmas. I can’t tell you how excited I am that we’re less than a week away from the Winter Solstice and the nights starting to pull out again!


22 comments:

  1. I've just nearly fallen off my chair laughing at this. What a wonderful post Teresa. What characters your pets are. Have a fabulous Christmas and a very healthy, happy and successful 2018 :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley's doing it to me now, Sue - alternating between swinging my calendar on the wall and tapping me on the shoulder! Happy Christmas to you and your lovely family xxxx

      Delete
  2. Haha, Harley sounds like a real character. Love the photos and you did well to catch her in the act of arm tapping. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly is! Another thing she does if I don't respond straight away is start swinging the calendar hanging on my wall. I used to have a cork board hanging there, but she knocked it down so many times, I had to take it down permanently :-)

      Delete
  3. One of my cats used to tap my face if I ever dozed off, which I occasionally did when I got the chance as I had a young baby at the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are funny aren't they - a cuddle is far more important to a cat than sleep, unless they're the ones wanting to sleep :-)

      Delete
  4. I so loved reading this, Teresa, especially the shoulder tapping! And thank goodness the unicorn survived! Wishing you a very happy Christmas and thank you for all your wonderfully entertaining posts and gorgeous pictures XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Joanna, what a lovely thing to say. I wish you and your family a lovely Christmas xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Teresa,

    Penny kindly helped me by reading your pawst, um, post to me. "It's such a pawesome pawst!", barked Penny.

    You do realise that cats like to take over your keyboard. Hello to all your fabulously furry friends.

    Wishing you and your loved ones a peaceful, pawsitive, darn it, positive Christmas, Teresa.

    Gary xx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny is pretty pawesome herself, Gary - and pretty! Hope you and Penny have a lovely Christmas xx

      Delete
  6. Thank you for more pics of your lovely furry family. Wishing you a very happy Christmas, Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy - hope you have a great Christmas xx

      Delete
  7. It's almost here (21st) :-) - I am sure I commented here a few days ago but something went wrong as I posted...I bet I wrote something really witty too! Well, I shall just wish you a very Happy Christmas and look forward to reading more in the New Year! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that just typical of blogger to mess things up! Here's wishing you a very happy Christmas too x

      Delete
  8. Love the story about Harley - and catching him tapping you for attention! I was thinking about you when posting about the Winter Solstice, Teresa, as I know you'll be looking forward to the spring! I'm loving the cosy darkness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think about you too at this time of year, Rosemary - knowing how much you enjoy the cosy darkness :-)

      Delete
  9. Great pictures, Teresa. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Keith - Happy Christmas to you and yours too and all the best for the New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2018, Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a lovely Christmas Teresa, and with all the pawsome additions as well.x

    ReplyDelete