I haven’t been around much on the internet, just dipping my toe in here and there. I’d like to say I’ve been busy writing, but it wouldn’t be true. I just feel a bit withdrawn at the moment.
But in good old Blue Peter tradition, here’s one I sort of prepared earlier. I used an old washing up bottle, some oddments of wool and lots of sticky-backed plastic (I didn't really - I just used some words, some pictures and some links).
Thank you Rosemary and Patsy (where there is news of a free Kindle book) for the Top Commenter Award.
And thank you Liz for the One Lovely Blog award.
I’m afraid I’m going to be very lazy again and pass these awards to everyone who comments here, but whether you accept or not, I hope you’ll visit the lovely ladies mentioned above.
As part of the requirement for the One Lovely Blog Award I have to tell you 7 random things about myself, but I’ve run out of things to say about me, so I’ll do it about Indy.
1. He had his second (at home) glucose curve on the Sunday before last which means hourly blood tests from the time we get up, until we go to bed. The results were pretty good and his insulin dose is staying the same. I’ve changed him over to Burns High Oats (you can enter a competition to win a year’s supply of Burns food here) which is better for diabetic* dogs and we’ll do another glucose curve in four weeks to see if that has given us further improvement, plus he’ll have another Fructosamine blood test.
2. At one point one of his white paws was red with blood. No, not his, mine! I fumbled with the lancet device and not only managed to knock the protective cap off, I also hit the button to activate it, stabbed my finger and sliced at the same time. Lots of blood. I had to get a plaster before I could continue. Yes, Indy laughed. But on the plus side, it didn’t hurt, which made me feel better about doing it to him.
3. He has lots of lumps and bumps as – ahem – older pooches do, but there was one on the side of his face that was worrying me. Tom said he was sure it was nothing to worry about and did a needle test. Just a cyst. Phew.
4. There is little he is afraid of. Being cold, being hungry and Chihuahuas are three things that scare him.
5. He was having a cuddle with Lachlan the other day and Lachlan said he was worried about cuddling him because “he is delicate”. Indy has been called a lot of things, but I think delicate is a new one.
6. He dislikes baths, brushes and scissors.
7. When I sit in the back of the car with him, he has to stand on my lap. It doesn’t matter where I sit; he has to stand on me.
*Indy has asked me to point out that he is not overweight and has only just put the weight back on that he lost! Very sensitive about his weight he is!
As I said, please do take an award if you comment here – if you want to of course. I won’t twist your arm.
Go on go on go on go on....