Sunday 1 July 2018

The Winner of Plots and Plotting is....




Thank you to everyone who commented on the last post and as promised all the names went into a draw to win a copy of Plots and Plotting by Diana Kimpton.

A long time ago my beautiful dog Indy picked a winner from a cowboy hat for a blog competition and I had ideas of Dusty following in his footsteps.

But I couldn’t find the cowboy hat. So I put the pieces of paper outside thinking Dusty might choose one as he loves picking things up, but they started blowing round the garden. Once I'd retrieved them from various bushes, I weighed down each name with one of Scout's puppy treats – which meant I could unfold the paper so the names were visible (just wish I'd used a darker pen!).

Dusty was watching from inside, licking his lips while I took a photo of the names. Meanwhile Harley strolled up wanting to know what was going on.

What's all this?


I hoped to be able to get a photo of the first treat Dusty took, but before I could let him out, it seemed Harley made the decision on his behalf and I had to agree with her that as the longest serving four legged member of this household, she had that right.

Don't Mind If I Do



So there you have it – congratulations to LL Cool Joe Joey's Pad! I’ll be in touch so we can get the book sent out to you.

The Winner!


By the time Dusty and Tinks came out, all the treats had gone!

What did we miss?


Thank you again to Diana for her lovely guest post and for giving away a copy of her book.



18 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very useful book to have, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Rosemary. Definitely one for the keeping shelf!

      Delete
  2. Hey, wow that's the first time I've won anything, thanks so much!! I'll email you. And thank you to Diana too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Dusty and Tinks get consolation treats to make up for Harley getting there first? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made sure they were compensated :-) But they didn't get as many as Harley!

      Delete
  4. Sorry, but I *may* have laughed at the thought of you running after the slips of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the winner and thank you to the hardworking animals for doing such a good job! And to their hardworking 'er indoors' for organising it!! ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley is glad you appreciate her hard work. She says it's not easy selecting which treat to eat first and then stuffing the rest in before anyone else gets a look in. It's a hard life for cats :-) xx

      Delete
  6. Looks good. I ordered a copy for myself and have already started to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Teresa, I've been missing for a few weeks, looks like you've been kept busy though...I shall nip over to Amazon and check out the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Maria. Glad to see you back :-)

      Delete
  8. Just to say I can't comment on your latest post, it doesn't appear to have this box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joe - I had disabled comments, but I've put them back on now!

      Delete
  9. Hi Teresa, I don't seem to be able to comment on your latest post. I might even say, 'bloody wars!' which was one of my Dad's sayings - he was born in Dovercourt and had relatives in Norfolk and Suffolk so I daresay your assumption of where it comes from is right. I haven't heard it in years! :-) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, that's interesting. I think I only ever heard it at home, never anywhere else. It's funny how these old sayings disappear isn't it x

      Delete